The SSERIAL unit is a simple interface for emulating a serial port on any I/O pin, without interrupts.
Demo project: None.
- Single character I/O.
- STRING output.
- The single character input procedure may be hooked to the standard READ/READLN procedures by the ASSIGN built-in procedure.
- The single character output procedure may be hooked to the standard WRITE/WRITELN procedures by the ASSIGN built-in procedure.
- Fixed baud rate at compile time.
- The transmission format is 8-bit, no parity (8N1) by default; optional 8N2.
- Optional inverted mode to allow the use of a simplified RS232-TTL converter.
- There is no framing error detection in the serial receive routine.