- This feature is implemented for PIC18 and PIC16E only.
PMP implements standard NEW, DISPOSE, GETMEM, FREEMEM built-in procedures.
If one of these procedures are used, PMP generates some dynamic memory allocation structures and procedures.
The heap is build from any of the available RAM memory blocks that:
- Is not "shared" or "access ram".
- Is not RESERVED.
- Is not BAD (as declared by MPLAB files),
- Has not been used in the program for variables.
- Has a minimum size of 6 bytes.
- Heap management is not re-entrant so it should not be called within an interrupt routine.